Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Skyrim and Kinect

So, Youtube user KinectFAAST regularly mods his PC version of Kinect to work with a number of PC Games. He has done quite a few, but since the Skyrim pony is still riding high, his latest mod about the game made news.



The only reason I'm posting this is because I've ran into the video at least twice now and both the Escapist and the users I saw posting it seem very impressed with it. I don't quite get why. It's true that I'm one of the biggest opponents of shit like Kinect or the PS Move, but there is a reason for that and that reason is transparent in this video. Skyrim is non-immersive enough as it is; it doesn't need you to give it voice commands to perform simple actions like you're commanding KITT to turbo boost over a broken bridge.

Having said that, this isn't a jab at the guy who actually made the mod. I share and empathize with the enthusiasm to get shit like that working. It comes with being part of the Master PC Race. So, if you want to see more of his stuff, head over to his channel.



No comments:

Post a Comment