Thursday, January 19, 2012

This is why I love AMD...

Okay, not exactly, but this is pretty neat. I've mentioned before my fond feelings toward the hardware manufacturer AMD and how saddened I was when I found out the company was dropping out of the desktop computer processor market. (UPDATE: That didn't actually happen, they only changed their approach) So how do you promote your new Radeon X7970 gaming card to the technologically-aware generation that grew up in the '90s? Make a Mighty Morphin Power Rangers parody, with graphics technology-related jargon, as well as some imagery and terminology of classic (J)RPGs and you're set!




I'm a geek; I like AMD, I like computers, I like games and I like Power Rangers. So this certainly covers all the bases for me. I admit, it's by far not the best MMPR parody I've seen (and it may drag a bit too long), but it's still a joy to see this.

And if you're a big enough nerd, like me, you may even notice that the Blue Ranger actor's name in the parody is, in fact, Billy (or a variation thereof).

No comments:

Post a Comment